a little insight into ongoing home/garden projects and everyday life...

Friday, July 28, 2006

garaj mahal

I haven't updated much on home/garden projects mainly because we haven't done much. It is just too hot to do anything in the garden. I'm lucky to get motivated enough to water the plants every other morning. Thankfully, it has rained so much this week, but there isn't much blooming right now.

I haven't been energized to work on projects inside the house until just recently. I'm working on our guest room, and it's the one room (so far) that displays my favorite Indian fabrics, relics, books, and collectibles. It took me a long time to come up with an idea for how I wanted to decorate this room. And, I wanted a room that housed some of my cherished statues - away from young visitors' hands. Since our guestroom is seldomly used, it is easy to leave the door closed throughout most of the year. Yet, I want our guests to feel like they've escaped to an exotic place. One day, when I'm finished hanging the mosquito netting and framing artwork, I'll post photos. I'm aiming to finish this weekend, since we're hosting guests next weekend!


On another note, we did get halfway through one big project:


ME: Clay and I (but mostly Clay) cleaned out part of the garage and the workbench.

YOU: What? He cleaned and organized it? How did you get a husband to do such a thing?

ME: Well, he got to use his power tools to build stuff, and dropping some cash at Lowe's tends to help...so that makes the job much more exciting.

YOU: Really? That works?

ME: Apparently so. Hmmm...can an orbital reciprocating saw help with making curtains? Let me Google that...


I have a feeling I'm going to get in trouble for that little dialogue between us, but more importantly, HALF OF THE GARAGE IS CLEAN!!! You don't understand how happy that makes an obsessive compulsive wife. Now, on to the other half which will mostly consist of organizing and throwing away old junk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I have to admit it's about that simple. Most of us guys could care less about the flowers in your garden, but give us an excuse to use our power tools to build you something and we're all over it. Guys like to build things, and while a frame to enclose your garden isn't a '68 mustang, it's still satisfying to make it.

29.7.06

 
Blogger nan said...

Pardon me? Did you just write, "most of us guys could care less about the flowers in your garden"?????????

You better care about the flowers in our garden...I think I'm having chest pains...

31.7.06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home