a little insight into ongoing home/garden projects and everyday life...

Monday, September 04, 2006

reality shows

Love ‘em? Hate ‘em? What do you think?

I cannot stand them. The only one I watched (notice the past tense) was “The Apprentice” during its first and second seasons. I was interested in this show, because it involved marketing, branding and creativity (parts of my job) with the tasks that each team worked on. I wasn’t as interested in the drama (Although, it was fun to hate Omarosa.) – Don’t we all have enough drama in our own lives? I tired of the show quickly after it got a little too ridiculous and the innovation wore off. At the time there were only a handful of reality shows being aired. Now they’re on every other network on any given night. I don’t even bother to check what’s on TV during primetime. I can’t wait until my favorite shows like “The Office” come back...please come back...only a couple of more weeks! I need a show that makes me laugh – I need dry wit and inane humor.


I have some friends who love, love, love “American Idol”...as in, “I have to hang up with you...it starts in 2 minutes.” The funny thing is that I loved “Star Search” when I was little, but I can’t stand any of the current singing or dancing competition shows. Oh yeah...did anyone watch “Solid Gold” back in the day? I remember watching it, but I really have no recollection as to what the premise of the show was. I guess people in sparkly costumes and glitter in their hair made the show exciting for me at a young age.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try not to be offended as I am one of those fanatical AI fans. I just can't...oh, I've got to go, a re-run of Survivor just came on:)

13.9.06

 
Blogger nan said...

I know, Tina...what can I say? Are you disappointed in me? I hope you haven't deleted my number from your cell phone. :-P

13.9.06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home